Land Transfer Tax Calculator
Buyers of houses and condos in Ontario pay land transfer tax
when they purchase a property. These taxes are calculated
based on the purchase price of your property, and are
paid to the province when the transaction
First-time home buyer in Ontario? You may be eligible for the Ontario Land Transfer Tax Refund.
What is it?
The Ontario Land Transfer Tax Refund is equal to the full value of the land transfer tax up to a maximum of $4,000.
To be eligible -
- The buyer must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- The buyer must be older than 18 years
- The buyer must occupy the home within nine months of purchase
- The buyer cannot have owned a home anywhere in the world
- The buyer's spouse cannot have owned a home while being your spouse
*To obtain this refund, you need to apply within 18 months after the purchase of the home.
Real Estate Websites by Web4Realty